Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Scentsy Story


Hello Friends!

I have ventured into something that I believe will help my family and be fun at the same time and I would like to share it with you!

When I got pregnant, as some of you know, my husband and I decided for me to be a stay at home mom. His mom stayed home with him and his brothers, and my mom stayed at home with me so we felt like we should keep the tradition going. Also, working in daycare for so many years I know how expensive it can be and honestly we wouldn’t be able to afford it anyway. If that was the way we decided to go, I would have to essentially work only to pay for daycare, and that just seemed pointless to us.

We decided that I should quit my part-time job when I got pregnant so that I could take the time getting things ready for the baby and doctors appointments and prepare to become a full-time mom. I was only making about $400 a month on a good month so it really seemed like my time could be better spent at home perfecting our home life and making things easier on the both of us.

I have been pregnant for seven months now and up until this point things have been going pretty smoothly. Now it seems as though we have hit a financial snag and things are becoming really tough. I have been wracking my brain trying to come up with ideas of how to save our family money and even make a little bit more income for our family on my end. Getting a part time job was something I have been considering but I would only be able to work a couple of months which really wouldn’t earn us that much and I could always deliver early. There is also the fact that I have been having some major dizzy spell issues and have been advised by my doctor to take it easy, so that idea seemed out.

I came across an idea for becoming a consultant for various companies and one of my good friends told me about Scentsy. I have heard of Scentsy before and have seen many people selling it, but I wasn’t sure if it was for me. I looked a little more into and found out that in order to get started I would have to purchase a starter kit that cost $116. I thought there was no way I could even consider this because we did not even have close to that amount of extra money as we do not even have any extra money for groceries right now and have been having to rely solely on WIC. I was disappointed and expressed my disdain with my friend. Then she saved me! She told me that she would graciously let me borrow her Scentsy items in order to do my first show and then all of the commission would go towards getting me my very own starter kit so that I would not have to pay the $116! When she told me this, I was so excited and grateful, but also very nervous because in order to do this I must make a large sale by Dec. 19!

This is why I am asking you for your help friends! I honestly feel that this is the perfect time to buy Scentsy. I know pretty much every year I buy at least two or three of my family members holiday scented candles for Christmas because they make wonderful gifts. Candles tend to wear out quite fast however, and since Scentsy uses warmers they last essentially forever! I love all of the Scentsy smells, especially their holiday ones, and I would definitely be buying some for friends and family members if I had extra money. I wanted to share with you all of the wonderful deals that Scentsy has for the holidays so that maybe you would like to share them with your family and friends for Christmas or even indulge for yourself!

Here is a list of the delicious holiday scents:

* Autumn Sunset

* Central Park Pralines

* Cinnamon Vanilla

* Cozy Fireside

* Festival of Trees

* Pumpkin Roll

* Sentimental Cider

* Snowberry

* Black Ruby

* Christmas Cottage

* Clove & Cinnamon

* Eskimo Kiss

* Honey Pear Cider

* Pumpkin Marshmallow

* Silver Bells

* Whiteout

And complete the gift by putting one of these scents in a holiday warmer! For our warmers that go on the table, countertop, mantle, or anywhere else you would like to display it, here are the holiday choices:

* Gingerbread

* Jolly (Santa’s suit)

* Merry Berry (holly and berries)

* Menorah

* Tannenbaum (Christmas trees)

* Silent Night (nativity scene)

* Prancer (reindeer)

* Bluster (snowman)

You can also enhance any room with a cute and decorative holiday plug-in warmer:

* Gingerbread

* Silent Night

* Snowday

* Snowflake – Red

Also this holiday season give the gift of a holiday scented bear to the littlest members of your family!

Pooki the Polar Bear is warm, white, and oh-so fluffy, Pooki is the perfect companion on a blustery winter day. Just give him a squeeze and you’ll warm up in no time! Place a Scentsy Scent Pak in this Buddy’s zippered pocket and bring him to life with scrumptious Scentsy fragrance. Pooki includes one scent pak, but we have awesome deals on all of our holiday scent paks so you can surely stock up! J

Your help will be greatly appreciated by my family and everyone that you share these lovely gifts with! Please check out my show site: https://lori11.scentsy.us/Buy

Here you can view the entire catalog equipped with pictures of the products and order right from the site!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story and I really hope you enjoy Scentsy products!

No comments:

Post a Comment